Located in the heart of Downtown Baton Rouge, Third Street is a destination full of cultural and architectural significance. It began as a bustling street and the epicenter of activity, but declined in the 70s-80s similarly to many downtown main streets across the country. With concerted effort from the private sector and public planning efforts, it has reemerged as one of the most vibrant streets anywhere. We are watching it evolve as a mixed-use corridor with several pillars ensuring its long-term success including:
- Residential Developments - 440 on Third, Commerce Building, Onyx Building, Kress Building, and more.
- Hotels - Watermark BR, Courtyard by Marriott
- Shaw Center for the Arts
- North Boulevard Town Square
- Matherne's Market at 440 on Third
- Prescriptions to Geaux
- Downtown Healthcare & Wellness
- Signature Restaurants & Entertainment Venues
- Established Retail
Third Street was recognized in 2018 by the Louisiana Chapter of the American Planning Association as a 'Great Street' and the transformation continues with upcoming announcements on new art venues, wayfinding & signage initiatives, street beautification, new live entertainment venues, and more! Stay tuned for these announcements in August and check out all Third Street has to offer by planning a visit and clicking the links below!